Pages

Wednesday 16 September 2009

What a Great Weekend .... and a finish

I do apologise that it has taken me a few days to do this post. It took me two days to get everything back in order after I was away. My darling dh took the kids and the dogs camping for the weekend so of course I had a mountain of washing and ironing to do and could someone please tell me how the house can possibly become messy when no one is home!!!!
Well here I am with my quilt - not quite finished as I decided that it really needed borders (the pattern does to include borders) so I have been in contact today with the lovely Kerry and have ordered some border fabric so the finished product will be a little while coming.

Also check out this gorgeous quilt made by my 'drinking partner' Yvonne. I just love it love it love it. It is made from the Jitterbug range of fabric. It is so bright and cheery and I am soooo jealous lol.

A great weekend was had by all. We ate way too much, drank too much, laughed until our tummies ached and sewed and sewed and sewed. It was very sad when the weekend came to an end.
I also have a finish. I started this quilt last September on our quilting weekend and thought I had better try and get it finished for show and tell. I quilted it myself and had it all done for the weekend except for the binding handstitched down which I have done over the last couple of nights in front of the telly. It is made from the moda range of fabric "A Little Romance" and it looks very at home on dds bed.

Well dinner is almost ready and the troops are starving so until next time.
Cheers
Kylie xxxxx
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Chookyblue...... said...

hey you quilt looks lovely.............I also got the blue wideback flannel from Kerry for the backing........

the other quilts look great too........always wonderful to get something finished........

Cardygirl said...

Your quilt looks great...Yvonne's is fun too! Glad you had a great time!

Cubby House Crafts said...

What a lovely quilt...very pretty girlie colours Lisa

Anonymous said...

Well done! Your quilt looks great!

Bec said...

The quilt top looks fabulous! Looking forward to seeing it with the borders on.
I can totally sympathise with the messy house thing.....
dd's A Little Romance quilt looks stunning on her bed, very girly and lovely!
Your friends quilt is very cool, love it!