Pages

Wednesday 6 January 2010

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you All

I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas and I wish you all a fantastic 2010. I know I am a little late. I had all good intentions of blogging on New Years Day but, oh well, my intentions were good. I have been busy cleaning up my sewing area and getting myself organised for a whole lot of stitching this year.
This is a picture of my very organised stitchery projects all waiting to be worked on. Each one is in some state of progress and I am going to try working on each of them a little at a time. They are all big projects so it will take me a while.

This is a christmas quilt which I SHOULD have started way way way before christmas but, well, I didn't so I thought there is not time like the present and maybe (fingers xxx) it will be finished for next christmas. The pattern is by Me and My Sister Designs called Cake Walk and I am using the Crazy 8 range by Moda. I have cut up all the 10" squares into 41/2" squares and now I need to cut the jelly roll strips into 21/2" squares.

This is a UFO which I have had sitting in my baskets for a long time so on New Years Day I decided to just get it finished. I was up to the quilting stage and could not decide how to quilt it. I really wanted to try stipple quilting but I am having heaps of trouble with my machine with the bobbin thread being very uneven and pulling on my practice attempts so in the end I just decided to sew buttons on to get it finished. The range of fabrics is called "Sultry" and I have just used homespun for the binding and backing. It is very pink and not really my colours so this is the first project to go into the gift bag for 2010.


I have also finished a tablecloth but for some reason the photo has not come over to this post so I will add it to my next one.
Well until next time I hope you are all enjoying the school holidays and gettings heaps of stitching done.
Chat soon
Kylie xxxx
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Cubby House Crafts said...

Your very organised now, my sewing room looks like a bombs hit it! lol! It does feel really good when we give our sewing space a spruce up. I like the colours in your table runner! All the best in 2010
Lisa

Anonymous said...

I love how you've organised your projects that you're working on into zip lock bags. Mine are in about 4 different sewing bags... (and probably more in random places!)... I'm going to get more organised so I know what I'm working on. I'm not sure the shop will have enough zip lock bags as I have ufos! ;)

Wendyb said...

You are very organised Miss Kylie....I could take a leaf out of your book!!!! I have so many projects all over the place and the thought of doing them seems so overwhelming at times, I just start a new one!!!!! Aaaaaargh!
XXX Wendy :O)