Pages

Sunday 14 March 2010

March Finishes

After a very slack (well busy) February I have finally managed to get some stitching done.
This is a bag which I started about two years ago. I had done most of the stitching (all but three words) and once I had finished that the bag came together very quickly. Isn't it funny how we put off doing things that actually take us no time at all to finish.

Next weekend I am off on a quilting weekend which I attend twice a year. We are all required to take a goody bag which is put into a draw. It does not necessarily have to be a sewn bag, just a bag full of goodies including a fat quarter.
The first time we did this swap I made a bag (I think I was the only one) but each time since people have come up with all sorts of different ideas using bags, baskets - anything is possible. It is lots of fun. This time I decided to make a mug bag in some gorgeous purple and white fabric that I purchased from Kerry at Cottage on the Hill. I have kept up the purple theme with a purple mug, purple tea bags and coffee sachets, chocies wrapped in purple wrappers and of course a purple fat quarter. The other mug bag I have made for my Mum for mothers day - I just need to find the perfect mug to go in it.

Cheers
Kylie xxxxx


4 comments:

Jeanette said...

Lovely bags Kylie. Especially the purple one. :) Hugs, Jeanette

DAWNIE said...

Bags look great - glad you made it home ok - was great to meet you on the weekend - good luck with next weekend

Roseanne said...

Love all your bag. The Christmas bag is just so sweet.. Have fun on your week end

Chookyblue...... said...

bags look very nice......great to have them finished.........have a wonderful time next weekend........