Pages

Tuesday 8 September 2015

Being Productive

In between soccer presentations, Father's Day & the usual weekend chores I did manage to get some time in my sewing room.

I am off on a quilting retreat this weekend so I have dragged a couple of projects out of the cupboard that I have been meaning to start/finish for way too long.

The first is a quilt by Cluck Cluck Sew called Seville & I am going to use a stash of fat quarters that I've had tucked away called "Lovely" by Sandy Gervais.  I've cut out all the fabric needed & I may have gotten a tad excited & sewn together some of the blocks.


The other project I am taking away with me is another Cluck Cluck Sew pattern called Inside Out.  I am going to be making the baby size quilt.  I've had the main fabric cut up for about 3 years!! all I needed to do was cut the background & border fabrics.  For the life of me I do not know why it has taken me so long to do this, or even why I was making a baby quilt in the first place! I do figure though that if I finish it off & pop it away I will surely be able to eventually gift it to someone special.  It has been so long since I started this one that I can't even remember the name of the fabric range - terrible I know!

Anyway I have done the prep work & again I may have started some chain piecing.


I also spent a little bit of time doing some more hand quilting on my Gardeners Journal quilt.  This is the first time I have attempted hand quilting & although it is far from perfect I am definitely enjoying the process.


Happy Stitching
Kylie xxx



3 comments:

Susan said...

It's a good feeling to work on ufo's, especially when you get excited about the project again. I'm very happy to hear that you're hand quilting, looking forward to seeing your GJ. Have fun on retreat.

wish2stitch said...

Glad to see you're all organised for the retreat. Your hand quilting on GJ looks great.

Leanne said...

I love your gardeners journal quilt, I have made that one and it was so much fun. Have fun hand quilting.